Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday

If you are reading this then I can assume that you have survived another Black Friday.  I must confess that I have never participated in this frantic search for the best buys.  My excuse is that I am still overcome by the excesses of Thanksgiving feasting.  That is really not true though, my Fridays after Thanksgiving are usually spent making sure that I am ready for Sunday, because I know that no matter what the rest of the world my have to say or do, Sunday is coming.  There is great comfort in that knowledge....Sunday is coming.  Rest is almost here, blessing is almost here, peace is almost here, Sunday is coming!  I am a Sunday fan, not because the NFL has made such a big deal of it, but because Jesus has made a big deal of it.  I look forward to the songs, the prays, the fellowship and to being present with and in the Body of Christ.  Ultimately, I look forward to being with Christ when Sabbath really comes.  In the meantime, I will be content with the Sundays at Faith UMC where we practice Sabbath in our haltingly limited way.  I will be content because I know the Sunday is coming!

1 comment:

  1. Black Friday is crazy, both Brooklin and I do it every year and Iam not sure why. We really dont need anything and it seems like what we do buy we could get any other time. This year we didnt get out as early and heard stories of people pushing and shoving trying to get that one thing. Almost reminds me of Christmas eve service :)

    ReplyDelete