Friday, February 17, 2012

Grace, Grace, Marvelous Grace

Some of you know that our daughter, Angela, and her family are staying with us for a few weeks while they make the final preparations to make their 5 year sojourn to the mission fields.  We are delighted to have them for this extended visit although three little girls aged 10, 9 and 2 can certainly alter your normal living pattern.

The youngest is Mickayla and she is a delight to my soul.  She absolutely wears me out with her energy and compulsion to be on the move.  "outside, outside" she declares every time we walk by a window.  "Swing, me swing" she will tell me several times a day.  "Come on" she demands if things get a little slow or if I dare to sit down for a few moments.  I must admit that I am ready for her to go to bed by the end of the day.

But she has this one little endearing quality that always makes my heart sing.  Every morning when she comes up the stairs she enquires, "paw (my name is paw), paw?"  When she discovers me, she throws her arms up in the air and her face is fully of a great big toothy smile; her eyes are fixed expectantly on me and she is genuinely and absolutely delighted to be in my presence.  How can I resist such love?  I cannot. 

But I sometimes wonder if we don't miss great blessings because we ignore the marvelous love that God offers us every day.  His mercy is great and his grace is free.  His mercies are new every morning.  Do you need to feel like you are the center of the universe?  Get a grand daughter like my Mickayla or center yourself in the knowledge that you have a "Paw" who is waiting for you to throw your arms up and climb into his gentle embrace.  Unlike me in my aging flesh, he never grows weary of you and he is always delighted to hear your voice.  Wait marvelous grace indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment